Thursday, June 4, 2009

Are you on the payroll??!?


So there's this dude at work. We call him "Hustleman". He has been hanging around our offices since 1985 apparently, but no one knows WHAT he does or why he's so cool with the big-wigs here. He's "hustleman" b/c he's always peddling bootleg cds, t-shirts and concert tickets. At first he weirded me out but since my supervisors were cool with him randomly stopping by our office close to quitting time, using our computers, chilling, I figured I should be cool with him too.
So for the past three years I've gotten to know Hustleman better and am finally cool with him. It's gotten to the point where he almost exclusively uses my computer when he comes by the office. And its to look at random pictures of him and celebrities or half naked chicks :/ But this would only happen once or twice every two weeks so I never used to mind.
But now its becoming a problem. Every other day he's at my office a little after 5, waiting for me to leave so he can use my computer. Today he actually asked me, "When are you leaving." *Fuming* My office mate said that's what internet cafes are for! Since he's so close with celebrities and everyone loves him, can't he hook himself up with a computer?! If he's on the go then a laptop with wireless internet? The worse is that this morning when I came I was looking through my sent emails in my Outlook account and saw that he was sending emails from my account!!! I know I have to say something, I just hate confrontation. And I really don't mind him using my computer when I'm not here, I just hate that it seems like he's starting to feel entitled to use my computer, when he DOESN'T EVEN WORK HERE!!!!
Oh well. I will hurt his feelings but I must have the talk with Hustleman tomorrow. Today he left all down b/c I wasn't getting off my computer soon enough for him I guess. How did I let this happen?? LOL
In other news...I'm supposed to be getting drinks tonight with my friend but she hasn't called to confirm. If I don't hear from her by 7 I'm leaving work and heading to the gym! Hmph.

3 comments:

  1. wooow!
    sending emails from your account is so wrong!!
    wow!!!
    how did the confrontation work?
    Can you put a password on your computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No confrontation, I was just passively aggressive toward him and he finally got the hint :( I am a wimp! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nowadays you don't know WHAT people are looking up online...you might want to be sure he's not doing anything on there in your name that can get you 5-10 somewhere dark and barred up! Just be tactful and maybe don't do it in front of the whole office. Be safe.

    My best, Lynn
    *found you over on Sunshinelovespeace.

    ReplyDelete