Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update on the hair update


GOOD LORD!

So I took my hair down from the wrap. Its still not breaking off but its REALLY SHORT! AND UNEVEN!! AND THIN!!! I MAY CRY!! I'M JUST GOING TO CUT IT OFF AND START ALL OVER!

Oh man I thought for sure my hair would have grown or at least be the same length. I think its actually shorter than it was when I last pressed it in January. And its pretty thin at the ends, maybe the color I put in damaged it?? But I went to a natural hair care place for the color and they said the coloring was all natural, no chemicals...What am I doing wrong?!? WAHHHHH!!

_______________________________________

Update:

So I was trying to masquerade my thin looking short uneven limp hair by giving it some curls and my curling iron broke on me, peice by peice, screw by screw! It was funny but I am sad! One minute the freaking plastic that covers the metal where you put your thumb fell off. Five minutes later one of the screws fell out. Then the other screw, then a spring. WTH?!?!? Are the hair gods trying to tell me something?!?! So so sad....Thank God I have a flat iron!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I think your curling iron was definitely a sign.
    Have you ever thought about going natural? Like with no heat or chemicals? I think that it would be a great thing for you to consider 1. Because it will help motivate you to workout more often when you don't have hair fighting against sweat to stay straight. 2) Natural hair grows and thickens and overall behaves much better than procesed or chemically altered hair. 3) being natural is a confidence building awesome experience that can never be truly described but it makes you feel sooo much better about YOU and it just feels really good.

    Think about it. ALso you can check out my blog I talk about my journey from perms and weaves to being natural. http://sheabutterlove.blogspot.com aka Natural Hair...Natural Products

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been natural since January 2009, haven't had a press since then. I think I just need to cut off my damaged ends. Which I think is more hair than I originally believed...Am definitely checking out your blog, thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete